Valentine’s Day Craft Ideas
Cardboard is great. Cardboard is versatile. Cardboard is free. Cardboard is brown, sometimes white, sometimes a variety of colors. Cardboard is light. Cardboard is easy to come by. Cardboard has a cool bendy quality. Cardboard also has that crinkly yummy center. “Cardboard Cardboard Cardboard.”… sing it with me! It helps to get up and skip a little, too!
Ok – We love Cardboard now let’s make something crafty for Valentine’s Day with it.
Cardboard Heart Garland. Fun!
You’re going to need:
- Pencil/Drawing Tool
- Box Cutter/X-Acto/Cutting Knife
- String or Ribbon
- Paint and Brush
- Remember your painting smock!
- About and hour or two
1. Look through your stash to find a good size piece of cardboard…
2. A good size sheet. And, I bent it up some…
3. Paint it with white paint – or a color of your choice and draw or trace a bunch of hearts on your cardboard.
I also like to use a heatgun to dry the paint – so I can move along quicker…
4. From here – ya want to cut out the hearts. Use the scissors and the knife. The knife works great for the
straighter parts of the heart. And the scissors for the round parts…
5. Once you have a bunch cut out. Let’s string ’em up! Use your string or ribbon. Cut to whatever length
you’d like. And, use whatever glue you might have on hand. I used a glue stick…
6. Remember to sign them…
7. Done! Lovely! Cardboard is so great – don’t you think?! After you make your Valentine’s Day Hearts – share it
with us – post your link in the comment section below! We’d love to see how yours turns out!
** Next time I’ll talk about the leftover cardboard scraps. We can make something fun with those, too!**
Happy Valentine’s Day!