Ahh, the New Year!
In the last post I talked about making goals and plans for the future. And, I thought I would list what some of mine will be for 2012.
I always seem to think I can get way more done than is possible – so my list for one year might fit better into a couple of years – but I’m hopeful! I broke down how many hours I would have each week/month to accomplish this and it should come out to be about a part-time gig.
Here’s the Big Picture – I want to Create a life (mine) as a full time, self-sustaining, fine artist.
This year I would like to do all of these things below (and more). This is just a brief overview.
I need to:
- work on my portfolio – both digital and physical
- create a press packet
- locate more/better venues and approach them
- locate more/better online venues for sales
- get better at my ongoing stuff: newsletter, blogging, other social media, grants committee work, website and mailing lists
I am still finalizing my studio goals, but they go something like this:
- Get better and better / more advanced at digital and photoshop skills. While I’ve worked in this area a long time – I could be a better printer and color reproducer. It’s quite boring to me, but I should spend some time with the subject.
I’d like to expand on the 2 series I am already working in: Art for the Recycling Heart and Something About Colorado through:
- YouTube video demos
- Through a list of what I’d like to learn I will acquire some books and study!
And, I am changing up my blog and website – gotta get more streamlined and clean.
Are you making plans? or do you like to wing it better?